Monday, October 15, 2012

Hiding Behind a Mask


 

Once again friends, it is I Sara the Blind Dog. Yes, I am wearing a dress shaking paws with one of my loyal subjects, as a princess it is my duty. Human's they are so cute.

It reminds me of how they laugh at us dogs when we don't realize they are watching and then we steal a little human snack off the coffee table. We hide and pretend like we don't see them when we are caught. If we don't see them then they don't see us. What is so funny with that logic? I really get stuck with that one most of the time because after all I am visually impaired.

Humans hide too. They like to dress up and pretend things are different than they really are. The word personality is believed to be derived from the word persona. Persona is defined as a character's role. We dogs are who we are. Humans choose who they are or at least who they want other humans to believe they are. Sometimes I think they even try to pretend they are someone else to themselves. They like to act like a character they wish they were. It is really quite silly if you ask me. Young tweens and teens pretending they are one of the Kardashians thinking if they buy their products and clothing they will be popular and well received. I think being who you are carries a lot less heartache. I recently heard about a Facebook post where a young, pretty, and popular teenager was asked out to homecoming by a less than popular guy. He showed up at her front door with roses and an invitation. She said yes. Now this girl is not only pretty she is beautiful. She did not have a persona. She was genuine. If this is true then she is my hero.

Be yourself and you will be loved by somebody. And that somebody is well worth it.

-Sara
XOXOXOXO

2 comments:

  1. Good one, Tracey. It looks like you understand dogs very well. I am adding you on google+ and hope to see you there. You can read my blog if you like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Xandria Aisha. By the way, I love your blog.

      Delete